Reading Time: < 1 minute
The essentials (if you really want to know: watch the video!):
- Still want to know: get the kit and ergonomics essentials from the previous videos (Part 1 and Part 2)!
- One hand technique vs having a helping hand to drape the US probe; this is a big area of procedural contamination.
- There are different types of introducer needles – check your kit or watch the video
- Sharp angle for introducer needle entry and then drop the angle when you advance wire
- Confirm wire in two planes with US
- Avoid skin tags
- Once you feel the ‘give’ with the dilator, make sure the wire advances and retracts with no resistance
- Angle of dilation should mimic the angle of introducer needle entry…not sure what this means…watch the video!